Subcontracts Manager, Space Systems
- Nashua, NH
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics -from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first -exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is seeking a Subcontract Program Manager to support our Space Systems product line. Known as an industry leader for its suite of radiation hardened electronics products, BAE Systems space products can be found on almost all commercial, civil and national security space missions for the past 20 years; most notably the computers on all of the Mars rovers.
The individual selected for this position will be an experienced Subcontract Managers with demonstrated ability to effectively manage complex subcontracts and lead a team of subcontract professionals of approximately 6 employees. This individual is accountable for the technical, financial, schedule and quality performance of the subcontractor, as well as the proactive coordination of the internal team for success. They will be a partner to the Program Director responsible for the portfolio or programs and the cross-functional team required to support large development and production subcontracts.
Required Skills and Education
- Collaborate and partner with Business Development, Program Management, Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain teams to develop & execute subcontract that fully support program capture, execution and business objectives
- All applicants must have an active DOD (Secret) Security Clearance at time of applicant in order to be considered for this role
- Lead the Program team in SOW development and work collaboratively with the remainder of the Cross-Functional teams on new and innovative strategies for risk reduction of new technology development with our suppliers.
- Develop a best value selection process for any new major subcontracts.
- Lead and manage a team of Subcontracts professionals at various experience levels in proposal preparation, subcontract negotiations, subcontract management/administration, and subcontract execution for assigned programs, including planning, negotiating, administering and executing proposals and subcontract agreements.
- Identify risks and opportunities and create/drive plans to mitigate and realize them.
- Ensure 100% procurement compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Lead and close complex negotiations requiring current cost or pricing data and truthful cost and pricing data certification. Drive to realize aggressive subcontractor cost targets.
- Participate in and contribute to Subcontract Management Reviews, technical meetings, subcontractor partner assessments and audits.
- Generate and author Subcontract Management Plans compliant to Command Media and identify measures for managing subcontractors.
- Willingness and desire for continuous improvement.
- Generosity of thought and knowledge.
- Secret clearance or secret eligible. Top Secret preferred.
- Cost Analysis experience (COPD, CID, Competitive)
- Earned Value Management and Lifecycle Management experience
- 10 plus years' experience in operations, supply chain, procurement.
- Professional Supply Chain Certification: C.P.M., C.P.S.M., P.M.P.
- Graduate degree in a related field.
- Contracts / Legal background
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top