Subcontracts Manager, Modernization & Construction
BAE Systems Inc., is currently recruiting for a Subcontracts Manager, Modernization & Construction to support our Ordnance Systems Inc. (OSI) business within the Weapons Systems division and Platforms and Services sector. This role will report directly to the OSI Director of Supply Chain with a dotted line to the Weapons Systems Deputy Director of Subcontracts.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Act as an integral member of the Ordinance Systems Inc. procurement team, accountable to plan and establish subcontracted supplier/teammate solutions that will meet financial and operational schedule objectives for our Modernization group.
- Direct the daily operation of a Subcontracts Administration staff establishing and managing complex service and construction type subcontracts.
- Oversee complex subcontracts for services such as construction and facility design.
- Assist Compliance Manager to develop, implement, and direct policies, practices, and procedures which are in accordance with federal, commercial, state/local, and/or international Procurement regulations.
- Review and approve complex basis of estimates for prime contract proposals, and ensure compliance with Truthful Cost or Pricing Data.
- You must be an excellent negotiator, capable of negotiating price, scope, term & conditions and prime contract flow down.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelors Degree and at least 8 years experience managing Subcontract efforts with a majority of that time focused on construction efforts.
Proficiency with the FAR and DFARS.
Working knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) and EAR (Export Administration Regulation).
Working experience leading major procurement efforts in a Department of Defense (DOD) contracting environment.
Strong working experience negotiating major subcontracts/purchases.
Strong experience managing Subcontracts or Procurement team.
Strong Working knowledge of Construction Type Subcontracts.
Preferred Skills and Education
Juris Doctor degree preferred
Legal Writing Experience
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top