Join a dynamic Subcontracts team that supports the delivery of mission critical capabilities across a diverse portfolio of government, commercial and international customers. The Subcontracts organization is the trusted business partner managing customer relationships, negotiating deals, creating innovative solutions, and providing regulatory knowledge to our customers. We are committed to employee growth and development, allowing employees to build a long term career at BAE Systems. In addition to challenging day to day assignments, employees are encouraged to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs and networking events, and rotate into different roles with increasing levels of responsibility. Subcontracts employees are provided opportunities for promotion and relocation to other business units within the U.S. and overseas. BAE Systems also provides employees with opportunities to engage with and positively impact the internal and external community in which we work.
With our historic growth and position as one of the world's largest Aerospace, Defense and Security Company's, we look to recruit and retain the best and brightest. Taking care of the Subcontracts team by offering daily flextime, every other Friday off, work from home options, relocation assistance, and competitive salary/benefits keeps our team engaged and motivated.
We view culture as one of our most critical competitive advantages. Contracts employees come to work every day because of our strong culture and passion for our significant role in the success of the business. Our Cultural Principles are:
- Engage everyone with respect and good will
- Stay calm independent of circumstances
- Be humble and work collaboratively
- Feel empowered to do the right thing
- Listen, be curious, and allow differences to influence our decisions
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's Degree(s) with appropriate work experience.
Required Skills and Education
- US Citizen with the ability to successfully obtain a Secret clearance.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of, and experience with, FAR and DFAR and export regulations.
- Strong knowledge of intellectual property and policies.
- Proven ability to lead and close complex negotiations requiring Current Cost or Pricing Data and Truthful Cost or Pricing Data (formerly TINA) certification.
- Experience with agreements to support business development, program management and engineering development teams (ex. NDAs, bailment agreements, etc.).
- Experience of dealing with the US Government and major industry defense & electronics companies, as your customer.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to prepare spreadsheets and presentations.
- Experience with the complex RFP's, and large proposal development.
- Experience with various USG agencies (especially the US Army).
- Active Secret clearance or higher.
- Possess a Hungry, Humble and Smart attitude
- Team Focus
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top