Manages development, production or technical support of various Subcontracts to include Original Equipment Manufacturers (EOMs) in the defense industry. Management of the Procurement Administration function will include International Joint Ventures, International Sourcing, proposal administration, audit support, negotiation, contract formation, work authorization, change management, compliance management, interface with customers, close-out, strategy, advice and counsel to multiple Program Directors, multiple functions, procurement readiness and other Line of Business (LOB) personnel. Demonstrates Subcontracts Program leadership to provide a competitive advantage to BAE Systems by executing on activities including proposal preparation, negotiations, profit and loss, and subcontract cost, schedule and quality management. Ensures Subcontractor compliance with technical and contractual requirements. Demonstrates subject matter expertise across multiple organizations Domestically and Internationally, and serves as a single point of contact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages all aspects of Subcontract program monitoring and control including Request for Proposal, Negotiations and Award, Manage and Track Cost, Manage Relationships, Quality, Schedule, inventory, cash flow and working capital for programs, and technical execution using earned value management, prepare and manage a time-phased program plan projecting subcontract costs, and other best practices.
2. Reviews the Statement of Work (SOW) and coordinates with other company functions, as required, to ensure accuracy and completeness. The Subcontract Manager will be responsible for the development and standardization of Subcontracts in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and management procedures within the Company’s joint venture and home market company.
3. Performs analysis of prime contract solicitation requirements. Researches potential sources and provides recommendations. Maintains compliance with Kingdom of Saudi Arabia & U.S Laws, BAE Systems policies and procedures. Researches potential sources and develops relationships with our Joint Venture Partner; interacting at a Study Leader Level, understanding their needs and delivering on our commitments.
4. Performs preliminary fact-finding and a cost/price analysis on the Subcontractor proposal(s) and prepares a Cost Estimating Rationale (CER) to support the prime contract proposal, as needed. Prepares proposals for Direct Charge hours and a Basis of Estimate (BOE) to support the proposal..
5. Supports Subcontracts position during Defense Contract Auditing Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management (DCMA) audits, fact-finding and prime contract negotiation by participating with the subcontracts team, Program Management, Contracts and Procurement Compliance, preparing responses and the development of negotiation positions
6. Negotiates and tracks high-complexity Subcontractor Performance Based Payment (PBP), Progress Payment and Milestone Payment plans to meet program needs.
7. Provides Subcontract program leadership in Program Execution by anticipating and resolving problems, and ensuring inter-group cooperation to meet all program obligations and objectives. Interfaces with customers on all program issues including marketing, cost, schedule, technical, and contractual status. Participates in Risk and Opportunity management activities. Demonstrates knowledge of internal supply chain management and exercises control over the purchasing/procurement of goods and services. Interfacing with production when applicable.
8. Manages Subcontract program Initiation. Develops strategies for proposal preparation, negotiations, and pricing decisions. Participates in Risk and Opportunity identification. Supports the Program Manager and contract administrator during major proposal negotiations. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Relevant Bachelor’s degree (typically Business, Finance or Information Systems) or equivalent plus 8 years experience; or relevant Master’s degree plus 5 years experience; or relevant Ph.D. degree plus 0 years experience.
Strong analytical skills, good communication skills (written & verbal), excellent presentation skills, and strong technical skills in an information systems discipline with the ability to perform financial analysis.
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Skills:
- -Certain positions may require specialized technical knowledge.
- -Has a solid set of basic business management skills and has worked in moderately complex technical businesses.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top