This position is a hybrid contracts and subcontracts role. Basic functions include the coordination and management of moderately complex proposals, contracts, subcontracts and purchase order under the supervision of a higher level Contract or Subcontract Administrator or Manager. The individual is expected to continue to build the basic knowledge, skills and experience required for effective contract or subcontract management to include negotiations and regular communication with customers and management. Develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers and suppliers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and demonstrate a working understanding of the US Government Acquisition and Procurement environment, the BAE Systems Contracts and subcontracts functions and relevant Company policies and procedures, commercial contracting methods, import/export laws, FAR/DFARs, representations and certifications and other government regulations.
- Support assigned proposal and activities including but not limited to analysis of the solicitation, preparing summaries based on the analysis, participating in all proposal team meetings, preparing the terms, conditions and assumptions upon which the proposal may be submitted, and preparing proposal documents and submittal to the Customer.
- May negotiate routine contracts under the general guidance of the Contracts Manager.
- Under the supervision of a Contract Manager provide support in the preparation of various agreements encountered in the business, such as Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA's), Teaming Agreements, Memorandum of Understanding/Agreements, Strategic Alliances and others as the opportunity presents.
- Compile and maintain all required contractual records and documents in accordance with contract and subcontract requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- Act as a primary point of contact between the Company and the Customer or subcontractor for contractual matters on assigned projects.
- Interface with the Programs Directors, Program and Project Managers
- Candidate must be able to manage and prioritize competing priorities across proposal support responsibilities, day to day Contracts & Subcontract Administration, new Contract/Subcontract awards, and negotiating Teaming and Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Performs price analysis and limited cost analyses.
- Maintains contract information in GovWin or similar tools
- Performs other duties as required.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Two or more years related experience with Bachelor's Degree
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers
- Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents
- Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Develop/demonstrate research and presentation skills
- CostPoint experience a plus
- Aerospace or Defense related experience preferred
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top