Subcontract Program Manager II
- Merrimack, NH
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics -from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first -exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems .
In Countermeasure & Electromagnetic Attack Solutions (CEMA), we develop next-generation threat detection and countermeasure solutions to provide customers with unparalleled electronic warfare capabilities to enhance mission survivability . We are seeking an experienced Subcontract Program Manager in our expanding Optical Attack Solutions (OAS) product line. The selected candidate will lead a Subcontracts Integrated Product Team (IPT) responsible for all subcontracts content. The ideal candidate will have experience leading subcontracts in both development and production settings ; from establishing strategies to ensure material availability to implementing continuous improvement initiatives with subcontractors to improve subcontract performance and affordability. Subcontractors are integral to the success of the program so the selected candidate will be a key member of the program leadership team.
Typical Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in a related field of study
Experience in Subcontract Management, Project Management or Program Management
Strong demonstrated negotiation skills and strategies
Experience developing long-term strategies and tactical plans to achieve enterprise objectives
Successful, proven record of leading and managing multi-discipline project teams
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on relationship building, leading through influence, and the ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) at all levels
- Ability to routinely travel approximately 25% of the time, with occasional needs up to 50%.
- Ability to develop plans specifying goals, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources
- Ability to communicate with senior management regarding subcontract performance status (cost / schedule / resources / risk) as well as performance to financial objectives
- Experience communicating externally either with customers or suppliers
- Technical and business acumen
- Ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance
- Experience leading cross-functional teams Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
- Demonstrated Risk Management experience
- Knowledge of acquisition policies and procedures with associated knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR)
- Significant experience managing the development and compliance of requirements (SOWs, specifications, contractual terms, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills to handle many overlapping projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated negotiations experience in a Truth in Negotiations (TINA) environment
- Demonstrated experience successfully engaging supplier executives
- Experience in new business capture including proposals
- Experience with scope management and cost estimating, including estimate to complete/estimate at completion (ETC/EAC) processes.
- Control Account Management (CAM) experience (at minimum, CAM trained)
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or Operations
- Master's Degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration
- Prior experience as a program manager
- Program Management Institute's (PMI) Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Secret, Top Secret or TS/SCI clearance
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top