Subcontract Manager I
Directs the daily operation and leads the performance of a Subcontracts Administration team establishing and managing subcontracts. Assist subcontract leadership to develop, implement, and direct policies, practices, and procedures which are in accordance with federal, commercial, state/local, and/or international Procurement regulations. Must be an excellent negotiator, capable of negotiating price, scope, Terms & Conditions and Prime Contract flow downs. Will also be responsible to review and approve complex basis of estimates for Prime Contract proposals and ensure compliance with Truthful Cost or Pricing Data.
Lead and manage a team of Subcontracts professionals at various experience levels in proposal preparation, subcontract negotiations, subcontract management/administration, and manage subcontracts for assigned programs, including planning, negotiating, administering and executing proposals and subcontract agreements. Develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers. Responsible for procurement compliance and Cost/Price Analysis and the review/signing of Proprietary Information Agreements. Drive Zero Defect initiatives with supply base.
Develops/validates subcontract specifications, work statements, Subcontract Management Plans and Terms and Conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, supplies and services of a highly specialized nature which may require alterations and lead activities of subcontract administration teams on assigned programs required for the sourcing of complex (i.e., engineering development) programs for material, software, and services. Must have individual contributor capabilities to prepare/review proposals, develop evaluation criteria, negotiate subcontract provisions, select or recommend subcontractors, write subcontract packages for review, prepare awards and administer resulting subcontracts and negotiate additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts and resolve invoice issues. Assist in planning, developing, and executing corporate training and organizational development plan for Subcontracts personnel.
The prospective Subcontract Manager must possess and be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to motivate and manage personnel.
- Knowledge of FAR and DFAR regulations and the nature of flow down requirements.
- Understanding of the role of subcontractors in complex industries.
- Ability to resolve contractual conflicts with subcontractors through negotiations and contractual vehicles.
- Understanding/knowledge of CPSR audits and requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of subcontractor solicitations and bid analysis/process.
- Identify/assess Risks & Opportunities throughout the duration of the program.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management/organization skills.
- Ability to find win-win solutions; a "make it happen" attitude.
- Ability to develop and implement organizational changes as required to meet a changing environment.
- Ability to work closely with Contracts, Finance, Project Managers, and various Compliance Teams (proposal compliance and procurement compliance).
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Knowledge of the FAR and DFARS.
- Knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) and EAR (Export Administration Regulation)
- Strong working experience generating, negotiating and executing major subcontracts/purchases.
- Strong experience managing Subcontracts or Procurement team.
- Experience leading major procurement efforts in a Department of Defense (DOD) contracting environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Conduct effective meetings with personnel and facilitate meetings with subcontractors and BAE Systems managers.
- Work closely with Operations Proposal Group to develop subcontractor strategies including packaging work and negotiating to support the price to win.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline and 10 years or more of directly related work experience preferably in a government contracting environment.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Thorough Negotiation Experience
- Knowledge of and Negotiation Experience with Terms and Conditions
Preferred Skills and Education
- Willingness and desire for continuous improvement.
- Generosity of thought and knowledge.
- Well versed with Oracle ERP system.
- Secret clearance or secret eligible
- Cost Analysis experience (COPD, CID, Competition)
- Earned Value Management and Lifecycle Management experience
- Professional Supply Chain Certification: C.P.M., C.P.S.M., P.M.P.
- Graduate degree in a related field.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top