May be required to lead a team of Subcontracts professionals at various experience levels in proposal preparation, subcontract negotiations, and subcontract management/administration, and to manage subcontracts for assigned programs, including planning, negotiating, administering and executing subcontract agreements. Develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
1. Guide, direct and evaluate the activities of Subcontract personnel at various labor grades involved in bid/proposal efforts, and the negotiation and management of contracts to assure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
2. Train, develop and review performance of subordinates.
3. Maintain an in-depth knowledge and working understanding of the US Government Acquisition and Procurement environment, BAE Systems and Contracts function policies and procedures, commercial contracting methods, export, FAR/DFAR and other Government regulations.
4. Work with cross-functional teams on a variety of LOB or OG initiatives.
5. Support independent proposal reviews (Red Teams, Phase Reviews). May participate as an assessor in the Phase Review Process.
6. Establish and manage negotiation strategies and financial requirements, perform business risk assessment and mitigation plans, conduct negotiation of contracts and subcontract requiring a high degree of negotiation expertise and execute proposals, contracts and subcontracts to the threshold delegated.
7. Draft and negotiate complex supplier arrangements or other types of
8. Prepare and present at Business Area review meetings an analysis of completed bid/proposal packages and contractual obligations, including recommendations for negotiation strategies.
9. Prepare Subcontract summaries and provide management with complete, current and accurate data by reporting progress on contract activity, together with recommendations for management action/decision.
10. Foster and maintain a sound and reliable relationship with counterparts in customer organizations and industry groups.
11. Maintain specialized contracting knowledge in such areas as International Contracting, Subcontracting, Offset, and Teaming arrangements.
12. Regularly contribute to and may lead the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards, provide market intelligence and development of market strategies, provide input for the overall objectives and goals for the organization.
13. Develops solutions to complex contracting and subcontracting issues, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensure solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
14. May work in a multi-site or multi-product business area.
15. Undertake special assignments as required.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Preferred Skills and Education
Knowledge of Oracle business system
Prior experience leading a team
A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top