The Subcontract Administrator manages the development, production or technical support of various subcontracts to include Original Equipment Manufacturers in the defense industry. The Subcontract Administration function may include international sourcing, proposal administration, audit support, negotiation, contract formation, change management, compliance management, interface with customers, close-out, strategy, advice to multiple program directors, multiple functions, procurement readiness and other Line of Business (LOB) personnel. Ensures subcontractor compliance with technical and contractual requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage all aspects of subcontract monitoring and control including Request for Proposal, negotiations and award, manage and track cost, manage relationships, quality, schedule, inventory, cash flow, and technical execution using earned value management, prepare and manage a time-phased program plan projecting subcontract costs, and other best practices.
2. Review the Statement of Work (SOW) and coordinates with other company functions, as required, to ensure accuracy and completeness.
3. Perform analysis of prime contract solicitation requirements. Research potential sources and provide recommendations.
4. Perform preliminary fact-finding and a cost/price analysis on the Subcontractor proposal(s) and prepare a Cost Estimating Rationale (CER) to support the prime contract proposal, as needed. Prepare proposals for direct charge hours and a Basis of Estimate (BOE) to support the proposal.
5. Support Subcontracts position during Defense Contract Auditing Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management (DCMA) audits, fact-finding, and prime contract negotiation by participating with Procurement Management, Program Management, Contracts, and Procurement Compliance. Prepare responses and the development of negotiation positions.
6. Negotiate and track Subcontractor Performance Based Payment (PBP) or Progress Payment plans to meet regulatory requirements and program needs.
7. Provide Subcontract program leadership in program execution by anticipating and resolving problems, and ensuring inter-group cooperation to meet all program obligations and objectives. Participate in risk and opportunity management activities. Interface with production when applicable.
8. Prepare and manage consultant agreements, professional service agreements, interdivisional work orders, and subcontracts. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education:
Bachelor Degree plus 2 years of relevant work experience or Associates Degree plus 4 years of relevant work experience or equivalent.
- - Possesses and has ability to utilize analytical skills
- - Highly effective communication abilities, both written & verbal, including ability to give occasional presentations
- - Strong technical skills in an information systems discipline with the ability to perform price analyses. Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Skills:
- - Has a solid set of basic business management skills and has worked in moderately complex technical businesses.
- - Experience working with the government, DOD, DCMA, etc will be very useful.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top