Subcontract Admin Principal
In support of a Business Area with over $1 billion in annual revenue and material spend in the hundreds of million procure materials, equipment, supplies and services of a highly-specialized and complex nature based on program specific requirements and specifications. Prepare and issue complex subcontract types. Validate and contribute to the formation of specifications, work statements and Subcontract Management Plans. Prepare and review proposals for documentation adequacy, develop evaluation criteria, lead proposal evaluation team in fact-finding, and cost/price analyses, negotiate subcontract provisions, document subcontract files in compliance with FAR/DFAR Regulations and company policies and procedures.
Ability to work independently, as well as manage cross functional program teams on all subcontract related issues; multi-tasking is crucial for success. Must be able to assess, prioritize, drive issues to closure and be assertive when required. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties. Exhibit best practice work habits and collaborate with other subcontract team members to promote operational excellence. Deliver quality customer service to both internal and external customers and foster and maintain good supplier relationships. Drive Zero Defect initiatives with suppliers.
Prepare request for proposals, advise management of contractual rights and obligations; compile and analyze data; and maintain historical information and compliant file documentation. Prepares, issues, and administers non-disclosure agreement with subcontractors as required. Negotiate Terms and Conditions and specific subcontract terms and conditions including price, delivery, quality, and performance requirements. Support proposal preparation activities, administer subcontracts, and execute supplier management activities to provide for acquisition and fulfillment of direct requirements in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. Receive and review subcontractor proposals, by examining estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness. Manage suppliers through all phases of program execution. Respond to subcontractor inquires, resolve invoice issues, participate on proposal evaluation team(s) in fact finding, technical evaluation, and cost/price analysis. Documents the entire fact finding and negotiation process. Ensures that discussions, correspondence and agreements with potential and actual subcontractors are in accordance with government law, corporate and company policy and program special provisions.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Experience in a large, complex multifaceted electronics design & manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with defense aerospace industry & regulations and the Understanding of the role of subcontractors in complex industries.
- Experience leading major procurement efforts in a Department of Defense (DOD) contracting environment.
- Knowledge of FAR and DFAR regulations and the nature of flow down requirements.
- Knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) and EAR (Export Administration Regulation)
- Understanding/knowledge of CPSR audits and requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of subcontractor solicitations and bid analysis/process.
- Strong working experience generating, negotiating and executing major subcontracts/purchases.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve contractual conflicts with subcontractors through negotiations and contractual vehicles.
- Project / Supplier Management
- Financial Acumen
- Proven leadership and organizational change experience
- Ability to motivate and manage personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Strong experience managing Subcontracts or Procurement team.
- Strategic/Critical Thinking
- Ability to find win-win solutions; a "make it happen" attitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline and 6 years or more of directly related work experience preferably in a government-contracting environment.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Willingness and desire for continuous improvement.
- Generosity of thought and knowledge.
- Well versed with Oracle ERP system.
- Secret clearance or secret eligible.
- Cost Analysis experience (COPD, CID, Competitive)
- Earned Value Management and Lifecycle Management experience
- 6 plus years' experience in operations, supply chain, procurement.
- Professional Supply Chain Certification: C.P.M., C.P.S.M., P.M.P.
- Graduate degree in a related field.
- Contracts / Legal background
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top