Subcontract Admin II
The Subcontract Administrator manages the development, production or technical support of various subcontracts to include Original Equipment Manufacturers in the defense industry. The Subcontract Administration function may include international sourcing, proposal administration, audit support, negotiation, contract formation, change management, compliance management, interface with customers, close-out, strategy, advice to multiple program directors, multiple functions, procurement readiness and other Line of Business (LOB) personnel. Ensures subcontractor compliance with technical and contractual requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage all aspects of subcontract monitoring and control including Request for Proposal, negotiations and award, manage and track cost, manage relationships, quality, schedule, inventory, cash flow, and technical execution using earned value management, prepare and manage a time-phased program plan projecting subcontract costs, and other best practices.
2. Review the Statement of Work (SOW) and coordinates with other company functions, as required, to ensure accuracy and completeness.
3. Perform analysis of prime contract solicitation requirements. Research potential sources and provide recommendations.
4. Perform preliminary fact-finding and a cost/price analysis on the Subcontractor proposal(s) and prepare a Cost Estimating Rationale (CER) to support the prime contract proposal, as needed. Prepare proposals for direct charge hours and a Basis of Estimate (BOE) to support the proposal.
5. Support Subcontracts position during Defense Contract Auditing Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management (DCMA) audits, fact-finding, and prime contract negotiation by participating with Procurement Management, Program Management, Contracts, and Procurement Compliance. Prepare responses and the development of negotiation positions.
6. Negotiate and track Subcontractor Performance Based Payment (PBP) or Progress Payment plans to meet regulatory requirements and program needs.
7. Provide Subcontract program leadership in program execution by anticipating and resolving problems, and ensuring inter-group cooperation to meet all program obligations and objectives. Participate in risk and opportunity management activities. Interface with production when applicable.
8. Prepare and manage consultant agreements, professional service agreements, interdivisional work orders, and subcontracts.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top