Subcontract Admin II
Solicits/reviews supplier proposals, develops evaluation criteria, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, develops subcontract packages for review, prepares awards and administers resulting subcontracts. Negotiates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts. Statuses and manages supplier deliveries, coordinates material receipts and manages resolution of issues related to contractual requirements and resolves invoice issues. Develops subcontracts and subcontract files, coordinates work requirements with the Product team, and defines terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, services and participates in Zero Defect initiatives with suppliers.
A successful candidate must be able to be an effective communicator internally and externally at all levels and in a fast-paced environment, build mutually beneficial relationships, be willing to advance their knowledge of procurement compliance, and proactively adopt best practices and support new initiatives
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Ability to find win-win solutions; a 'make it happen' attitude
- Proficient use of MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Bachelor degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience or Associates Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Occasional Travel
Preferred Skills and Education
- Willingness and desire for continuous improvement
- Generosity of thought and knowledge
- Familiarity with Oracle purchasing system
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and DoD FAR Supplements, DEFCONS, other related acquisition policies and procedures - ability to negotiate win-win positions based upon specific business cases
- Two to four years' experience in operations, supply chain, negotiations, price analysis, or contract management.
- Negotiation experience (simple to moderately complex procurements)
- Secret clearance required or secret eligible.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top