STS Technical Operations Process Engineering Manager
BAE Systems is seeking an experienced manager to oversee the Process Engineering teams for multiple Survivability Targeting & Sensing Solutions factories at New Hampshire sites. The individual should have previous experience working in an Electronics Manufacturing environment for the build of complex systems.
- Manages the technical personnel including hiring, developing and assigning personnel to meet the needs of the business.
- Responsible for managing product performance across a dynamic product portfolio inclusive of resolving production issues in a complex and dynamic mixed model production environment, providing continuous improvement ideas and drive cost take out initiatives and increase both manufacturing and product yields.
- Leads a team to perform Product Process Verification and First Article Inspection activities
- Drives team to root cause analysis, containment of failures in production environment, and implement process updates to reduce manufacturing variations, cycle times, and improve overall yields.
- Champions Six-Sigma and Lean projects and drives a Six Sigma culture within the factories.
- Supports the Factory Managers with workforce development, training and assignments.
- Manages manufacturing equipment and resource capacity, utilization and capital planning.
- Ensures work instructions and build results are in accordance with technical requirements.
- Establishes and oversees expense budgets so that total cost objectives are achieved.
- Controls overhead accounts to ensure competitive cost goals are achieved.
- Supports New Product development and facilitates transition to production strategy and execution with key stakeholder responsibility.
- Plans, interprets, and implements Company policies and standards to ensure 100% compliance to the requirements for Security, ESH, ISO, AS9100, etc.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Optical, or Materials Engineering, or equivalent and 8 plus years of work experience.
- Must be self-motivated, independent, and capable of leading a small, cohesive technical and manufacturing team.
- Must have a working familiarity with ISO 9001/ AS9100 quality systems and DOD manufacturing standards.
- Requires capability to lead and work in a team focused environment.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a customer-first attitude.
- Must be capable of leading projects of a highly technical nature.
- Must be a US citizen eligible for a DOD security clearance and will be subject to a security investigation.
- Requires strong manufacturing support and experience in complex final assembly build for IR/EO (Infra-Red/Electro-Optic) systems.
- Strong background in state-of-the-art manufacturing tooling, processes, and materials as well as industry standards in manufacturability for optical technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of optical path alignment methods and equipment.
- Demonstrated experience supporting product development and NPI (New Product Introduction) transition of complex IR/EO (Infra-Red/Electro-Optic) systems into a production environment.
- Previous experience leading both technical teams and manufacturing teams in an Electronic based manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification is a plus.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top