Strategic Capture Director
Strategic Capture Director is responsible for long-term positioning and capture execution for key opportunities within the Integrated Defense Solutions line of business. The capture director applies competitive assessments, develops teaming and solution strategies, and delivers BAE Systems messages to key customer stakeholders. Leads development of opportunity win strategies, reflected in and executed through an approved capture plan. Leads a matrixed team of functional and support specialists throughout the engagement from qualification through opportunity closure. Works with cross-functional and operational teams to balance resource priorities to ensure continual, consistent progress through marketing, solution, staffing, teaming and pricing elements of the capture plan.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Serving as opportunity "champion" throughout the business winning process, developing and presenting business case for pursuit prioritization to internal executive leadership team.
- Developing and executing strategic and tactical plans, both short and long range, for the pursuit and successful capture of key opportunities and collection of opportunities. Application of business winning best practices to capture current understanding of critical customers' program goals; assessment of competitive market; and translation of BAE Systems' winning strategy to development of proposed offering.
- Developing and leading execution of customer contact plans related to the capture pursuit.
- Performing leadership role in gaining an understanding of bid price sensitivity, applying an overarching pricing strategy to design-to-cost offering development reflected in an integrated technical, management, and price win strategy.
- Leading the development of an integrated offering and works with the assigned proposal manager to ensure win strategies and compliant offering are reflected in submitted proposal. Participating in bid decisions, the development of cost strategies and decision milestone reviews.
- Ability to work across industry to determine teaming strategies and represent the company in a high ethical manner
- Experience leading large capture efforts ($100M+) preferably in the Army, Federal Civilian, Navy markets.
- Significant experience and customer engage in cyber related activities
- Experience leading matrix teams in a disciplined best practice framework based on Shipley Associates methodology
- Ability to provide executive level briefings on project status and bid recommendations
- Ability to build market strategies
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top