Storage Engineer (SME)
Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security Sector and be a part of the team that solves some of the world's most complex technical challenges. Are you one of the many who finds solving Security challenges personally rewarding? The Intelligence and Security Sector is searching for a Storage Engineer. This role provides technical expertise in storage engineering, administration, and operations. This role maintains enterprise storage infrastructure to ensure proper configuration, availability, performance, capacity, and maintenance (including application of the latest patches and upgrades). This role monitors technology obsolescence, manages upgrades, and evaluates alternatives across on-premises and cloud IT infrastructures, both virtual and physical. This role monitors operations and collects and evaluates metrics to manage storage services and for inclusion into project KPIs and Service Level Agreements (SLA). This individual performs risk assessment, risk mitigation analysis, vendor trade studies, and appropriate documentation to ensure storage services are available according to established Service Level Agreements (SLA). This role ensures continuity of operations including disaster recovery.
- This role is responsible for architecture, design, installation, configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of storage, including associated hardware and cloud resources.
- Duties include updating to new technologies, tuning performance, allocating storage space, and prioritizing the implementation of critical system patches.
- This infrastructure includes on-premises and cloud resources.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Candidate must have BS with a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with at least 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Position requires on-site performance in the WMA
- Position requires a clearance with polygraph, must be eligible for crossover, and must meet the intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 704, Personnel Security
- Position requires personnel have U.S. Citizenship
- Experience with the Intelligence Community preferred
- Experience applying expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Experience supporting a broad range of assignments requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Experience developing methodologies and presenting solutions to problems.
- Experience contributing to deliverables and meeting performance metrics.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top