Storage administrators need solid technical skills and experience for maintaining an effective and efficient authentication and data storage system for their organization. Storage administrators ensure that storage area networks (SANs) and associated technologies provide expected benefits (e.g., storage operations appropriately store information for later retrieval and keep such information appropriately secured). Additionally, the storage administrator establishes, updates, and analyzes system authentication protocols. The storage administrator also ensures that systems are optimized and waste minimal resources.
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
3. Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
Typical duties include:
- Documenting processes, procedures, upgrades and the resolution of problems.
- Upgrading software, monitoring performance, and evaluating trends and needs.
- Managing, transforming and providing user access to large datasets.
- Installing, configuring, supporting, and maintaining SANs and associated technology.
- Administering storage networks, servers and their associated schedules.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
A Storage Administrator should have certifications and strong experience with the following: HP and Netapp SAN, QNAP NAS; RedHat Certified Administrator; PowerShell, with scripting; implementing or assessing DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs); Also must possess strong experience of configuring different types of SAN/NAS with VMware Integration. Be responsible for managing remote replications, node redundancy, storage snapshots, provide high availability of storage.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top