Staff Systems Engineer - EMI/EMC Nav
- Cedar Rapids, IA
Join us at our brand new location in Cedar Rapids. BAE Systems is adding a upper echelon Staff Systems Engineer role to the team being formed in Cedar Rapids. If you have a Engineering background in EMI and/or EMC, then this is the place to be. Pilots may fly aircraft, but our navigation systems create the route and keep those pilots on course. What are you waiting for! Come be part of the immediate solution in Cedar Rapid and "plant your flag".
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35
pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of
tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put
our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be
a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
The Navigation and Sensing Systems organization is a growing business area developing the next generation of advanced military navigation systems. The team is seeking an experienced EMI/EMC design and test engineer that will support the design of navigation products to meet EMI requirements on several military platforms. The EMI engineer candidate will be responsible for the EMI design of the navigation products to meet product EMI/EMC requirements as well as designing EMI test equipment. This engineer will lead EMI test plan/procedure/report generation, EMI testing, and troubleshooting of EMI failures. The applicant should possess strong collaboration and communication skills, as close integration with other team members are necessary.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with EMI/EMC test and troubleshooting
- Experience with EMI/EMC test equipment and filtering
- Ability to generate EMI control plans, EMI test guidelines, EMI test procedures and EMI test reports
- Ability to define and implement EMI/EMC requirements to meet specified product performance for all aspects of Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) compliance, including EMI/EMC/EME/ESD/EMP and lightning.
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance (US Citizenship Required)
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree and 6 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 4 years of prior relevant experience. In the absence of a degree 10 years of relevant experience are required.
- Experience in performing radiated and emitted analyses, and working with Zuken EMC Adviser tool or equivalent analytical EMC/EMI tool
- Understanding of MIL-STD-464, MIL-STD-461, and MIL-STD-704 test procedures and methods
- Experience in EMI research, development, design, and test of products
- EMI/EMC design and project leadership experience
- Thorough working knowledge of MIL-STD-461 and MIL-STD-704 test standards
- Experience with system level EMI/EMC design
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top