Sr Test Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a qualified candidate for an Electro-Optical Test Engineering position to be a contributor on the STS operations test and manufacturing team. We're looking for self-motivated, self-directed, and innovative engineers, with a great attitude and work ethic. This position will include the following key responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to manufacturing while troubleshooting electro-optical test equipment.
- Willingness and ability to perform "hands-on" technical work involving electro-optical metrology, optical alignment, system testing, data collection and analysis.
- Experience with developing and executing factory test procedures.
- Interface with Systems Engineering, Operations, Quality, Procurement and other supporting groups to drive non-conforming product to root cause.
- Support test equipment preventative maintenance schedules on a variety of test stations and test equipment.
- Generate and implement improvements in test design, processes, and methodologies to reduce cost and increase throughput.
- Generate and review the technical content of test procedures, drawings, engineering specifications, reports, Engineering Change Orders, and other documentation associated with the design and build of digital processing products.
- Provide training / support to manufacturing personnel.
- Support program level CAB.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience.
- Strong manufacturing background and experience in complex Electro-Optic (EO) Systems with in depth knowledge of automated testing and process equipment used for in-process and final build and testing of IR/EO (Infra-Red/Electro-Optic) systems.
- Experience with alignment and calibration of EO/IR systems.
- Understand fundamental optics principles, has a working knowledge of electro-optical test equipment and opto-mechanical assemblies and alignment of optical beam paths.
- Experience with working in an optical laboratory and familiarity with optical metrology tools such as cameras, detectors, and interferometers, an advantage.
- Familiarity with test equipment calibration processes.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and software development on these platforms.
- Experience working with UV lasers, optics, and basic electronics for laser drivers, optical sensors, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators.
- Production environment experience.
- Must be a US citizen eligible for a DOD security clearance and will be subject to a security investigation.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top