Sr. Technical Writer/Editor
BAE Systems GXP develops industry-leading geospatial-intelligence software and solutions for data management, image exploitation, geospatial production, full-motion video analysis, and intelligence reporting. We're looking for a technical writer to support creating, editing, and publishing documentation related to our suite of products. The qualified candidate will work as part of the engineering team to write and edit user manuals, installation guides, and server administration manuals for both desktop and web client applications. Additional responsibilities may also include usability testing and the review of technical content deliverables for completeness and accuracy prior to publication.
The Geospatial eXploitation Products (GXP®) business provides licensed software capabilities and geospatial technology R&D. GXP's ability to draw on internal data production and technology expertise has allowed it to deliver superior products to the user community. GXP often finds ways to improve software implementation through user conferences and regional workshops, where important feedback and insight is gathered from customers.
GXP commercial software, GXP Xplorer®, GXP WebView®, SOCET GXP®, and SOCET SET® provide customers with comprehensive image and video analysis, data management and geospatial production capabilities. These products serve government and civil customers' needs for photogrammetry, mapping, GIS, image exploitation, precision targeting, geospatial intelligence, 3-D visualization, simulation and mission planning.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in English preferred and 4 years of work-related experience.
- Experience with MadCap Flare.
- Experience with Adobe products to include Photoshop, InDesign, and Dreamweaver.
- Excellent grasp of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Basic proficiency of the Internet; browsers and e-mail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work well in a very dynamic, fast moving environment with high expectations.
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Candidates selected for some positions will be subjected to a government security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience creating technical documents in HTML5 and PDF format.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top