Sr Systems Administrator
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. 7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2. 5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis. Required Skills and Education 1.Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in
network administration and support.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of related hardware and software.
3. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job
Preferred Skills and Education
UNIX shell command competency
– beyond basic user level
- Interpret scripts as to their general function
- Manipulate and edit fiels using copy, scp, diff
- Control and determine the state of services
- Manage process control
- Perform filesystem management (mount, umount,
fsck, swap, mkfs…)
- Review and extract relevant information from logs
Work independently without
assistance and supervision
Perform necessary research to
resolve issues to a conclusion
Communicate effectively both
verbally and in writing to document actions
Be available for afterhours
work; put in effort necessary to see things through
Be a member of an on-call
Manage time; complete actions
in a timely manner and document your effort
Familiarity and knowledge of
- Ethernet networking and TCP/IP
- Cron About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top