Sr Supplier Quality Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to implement tools and processes to insure suppliers starting new work are prepared and have robust plans to deliver first time quality to BAE program customers. The person will also investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. The Supplier Quality Engineer will conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion. You must be a self-starting problem solver who will utilize your analytical skills to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues. Strong communication skills are required to insure suppliers understand requirements and expectations, make progress reports and present findings.
You will be reporting to the Regional Supplier Quality Director.
Expected travel requirement: Approximately 50%. This will be a mix of local day visits as well as some overnight travel in the region
Additionally, you will:
- Utilize supplier Scorecards/metrics and analytical tools to quantify performance levels of individual suppliers and work with those suppliers to develop improvement plans to achieve 100% quality performance
- Evaluate the impact of nonconforming product and assess suppliers' corrective actions
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances
- Perform Source Inspection of product at supplier locations
- Perform and Evaluate First Article Inspections per the requirements of AS9102 as well as train suppliers to meet BAE's expectations
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical field with 4+ years of experience
- Experience in Avionics or Defense Electronics Prime Contract environment
- Proficient experience in Failure Analysis, Root Cause Analysis and developing Corrective/ Preventative Actions
- Proficient knowledge of Microelectronics manufacturing and test practices
- Proficient experience in supplier and process auditing
- Working knowledge of AS9100 Quality System and AS9102B First Article Requirements
- Working knowledge of supply chain logistics from raw material to finished goods including experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system/Quality Management Software system
Experience in at least three of the following areas preferred:
- Proficient experience with Special Processes (i.e. plating, painting, etc.)
- Product Production Line Validation, test, equipment, instrumentation and qualification
- Proficient knowledge of Lean Six Sigma concepts and tools (e.g. Green belt/ Black Belt, Kaizen)
- Working knowledge of APQP and PPAP techniques
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical manufacturing, test and inspection
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top