Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer to support supplier quality purchase order requirements, supplier approvals, verification of purchased products, supplier surveillance, risk mitigation, supplier non-conformance management and supplier performance improvement.
This person will also support engineering change notices, vendor information request, MRB, daily operations support for supplier caused nonconformance, SQ contract requirements, certified parts, notice of escapements, GIDEP, defect trend analysis, root cause, corrective, preventive actions and drive continuous improvement.
Additionally you will:
- Utilize supplier scorecards/metrics and analytical tools to quantify performance levels of individual suppliers and work with those suppliers to develop improvement plans to achieve quality performance goals.
- Evaluate the impact of non-conforming product and assess suppliers' corrective action robustness in order to ensure strong and permanent countermeasures.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances and drive "Zero Defect" mentality within the supply base.
- Designs, analyzes and implements inspection processes and procedures.
- Drive changes to engineering and quality control documentation to meet PO requirements and manufacturability.
- Develop and train quality inspectors on quality evaluation requirements.
- Perform source inspection of product at supplier locations as needed
- Perform and evaluate First Article Inspections per the requirements of AS9102 as well as train suppliers to meet BAE System's expectations.
- Improve and develop Supplier Quality processes and procedures
- Develop existing and or new suppliers to be able to have robust plans to deliver first time quality to BAE program customers.
- The person will also investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects.
- The Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer will conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion.
- You must be a self-starting problem solver who will utilize your analytical skills and trend analysis to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues, drive quality continuous improvement and follow-up as needed to meet objectives and assignments.
- Lead Supplier Quality program support requirements to improve supplier's performance for quality and delivery.
- Strong communication skills is required to interact with multiple levels of site stakeholders, customers, leadership and our supply base.
- You will need to ensure our suppliers understand requirements, take ownership for supplier development opportunities, make progress reports, present opportunities, findings and drive performance improvements.
- The Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer will need to lead, develop, revise supplier quality procedures, processes and train others to meet site Quality Management System (QMS) requirements. This will also include leading Lean Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Kaizen objectives and projects to improve SQ processes and eliminate inefficiencies.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Effective, clear communicator and practical problem solver
- Work experience in a Supplier Quality Engineering or Quality Engineering role
- Experience in Naval, Aerospace or a Defense prime contract environment
- Will consider automotive and or heavy industry.
- Proficient knowledge of ISO9000 or AS9100 Quality System and AS9102B First Article Requirements or equivalent first article requirements.
- Experience executing or coaching suppliers on AS9102 FAIs or equivalent first article requirements.
- Understanding of drawings and GD&T requirements with ability to determine compliance
- Lean Six Sigma training / experience and or certification
- Direct knowledge of manufacturing processes and supply chain logistics from raw material through finished goods including experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor's Degree - Engineering: Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Electrical, or Quality. BS -Technology, Industrial Management, Industrial Technology and 8 years work experience
- Master's Degree - M.S.
- Working knowledge of PWB/CCA inspection/test, equipment and instrumentation (IPC-A-600 or IPC-A-610 certification desired)
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of drawings and GD&T requirements with ability to determine compliance.
- Proficient knowledge of NADCAP special processes, NDT, casting, forging, machining and assembly.
- Experience with product test, equipment, instrumentation, forging, casting, foundry, machining, assembly, welding, brazing, finishes, coatings, nondestructive testing, fabrication, composites and other common processes common in the Naval, Defense and or Aerospace industries
- Lead experience with Lean Manufacturing techniques and Lean Six Sigma such as Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Kanban and DMAIC
- Lean Six Sigma Green / Black Belt certification from a recognized organization
- Strong knowledge and experience with the principles and purpose of a Quality Management System and NADCAP requirements.
- Proficiency at Microsoft Excel, Minitab, Microsoft Access, Oracle, TIPQA, and Microsoft Project proficiency.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top