Sr. Subcontracts Administrator
I. BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Solicits and evaluates proposals, negotiates and prepares moderately complex subcontracts, monitors subcontractor performance and documents subcontract file in accordance with established Procurement Policies and Procedures.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
1. Identifies potential sources for required materials or services, and develops and issues Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
2. Receives, reviews, and negotiates, subcontractor proposals. Manages the sources selection process by leading the proposal evaluation team in fact finding, technical evaluations, and cost/price analysis. Negotiates subcontract terms and conditions including estimated cost/price, delivery, quality and performance requirements.
3. Develops and negotiates required special terms, conducts independent cost/price analysis as needed. Documents the entire negotiation process.
4. Develops the subcontract document; reviews it for compliance with Government, Corporate and Company requirements; and obtains management approval prior to issuance to the subcontractor.
5. Leads the subcontract administration team from award through completion to ensure compliance with all terms and conditions, including price, schedule and quality. Coordinates and participates in subcontractor surveys and program reviews. Reviews and monitors payments, commitments and funding status. Negotiates subcontract changes and responds to all formal subcontract inquiries and issues. Provides subcontract status as required.
6. Develops, negotiates, and issues teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and memoranda of understanding.
7. Provides subcontract advice and counsel to program managers, engineering personnel and other related functions such as finance, quality and contract administration.
8. Enters administrative and financial data on subcontracts into various subcontract databases.
9. Performs subcontract close-out.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
4 years related subcontracts experience in DoD contracts
Experience with procurements in an electronics, military, and/or aerospace environment
Working knowledge of the FAR and DFAR
T & M and cost-type subcontracts experience
Experience reviewing and negotiating subcontractor proposals and prices
Solid MS office including Excel
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top