Sr. Subcontract Administrator
Procure materials, equipment, supplies and services of a highly-specialized and complex nature based on program-specific requirements and specifications. Develop subcontracts in accordance with specifications, requirements, statements of work, corporate/negotiated terms and conditions, and corporate requirements. Lead integrated product team meetings and drive actions to closure. Prepare/review proposals, solicitations, develop evaluation criteria, and negotiate subcontract provisions. Select or recommend subcontractors, write subcontract packages in preparation for award review, process awards and administer resulting subcontracts. Negotiate with suppliers all terms and conditions, cost savings and any additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts. Work to resolve invoice/receiving issues. Follow and execute to established and approved procurement policies and procedures in order to provide the best value consistent with quality and service requirements while maintaining good supplier relations. Responsible for Procurement Compliance and Cost/Price Analysis.
This role emphasizes supplier engagement, management, development and production ramp to rate in addition to negotiating and ensuring compliance of high value/complex subcontracts. A successful candidate must be able to be an effective communicator internally and externally, build mutually beneficial relationships, willing to advance their knowledge of procurement compliance, and proactively adopt best practices to support new initiatives, which include Zero Defect and Partner2Win initiatives with suppliers. Ability to manage entire lifecycle of subcontract including identifying BAE's specifics needs, researching and negotiating. Metrics driven, have a proven record of driving suppliers' performance excellence and margin contribution.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Ability to find win-win solutions; a 'make it happen' attitude
- Proficient use of MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience or Associates Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Travel both domestically and internationally may be required
- Ability to multi-tasks and prioritize work assignments as needed. Possess excellent problem solving skills
- Willingness and desire for continuous improvement
- Generosity of thought and knowledge
- Familiarity with Oracle purchasing system
- Four plus years' plus experience in operations, supply chain, negotiations, price analysis, or contract management.
- Demonstrate ability to comprehend and negotiate Terms & Conditions
- Secret clearance eligible.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top