SR. SQL Server Database Administrator
BAE Systems is seeking a senior level database administrator to manage Microsoft SQL Server 2008-2016 databases. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of experience with managing and supporting Microsoft SQL Server environments and a total of 12+ years in IT. The candidate should be a self-starter, have excellent communication skills, work seamlessly in a team environment as well as provide leadership and technical training to less proficient employees. The candidate will be responsible for supporting and maintaining high-availability and high performance environments as well as implementing and managing the databases in a cost efficient manner.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree with 12+ years overall IT database experience, 10 years' experience with SQL Server.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and customer relationship skills
- Proven leadership skills - previous management or leadership duties
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Autonomous DBA with "Can-do" attitude, pro-active, takes the initiative as well as ownership of problem/project
- Microsoft SQL Server (2008-2016) - candidate should be able to install, configure and maintain a SQL Server 2008-2016 instance build
- Extensive Windows PowerShell scripting experience required
- Extensive experience with SQL 2012-2016 Architecture i.e. Availability Groups. Install, configure and maintain MS SQL Server 2008-2016 cluster environment including AlwaysOn Availability Groups and Active-Active failover clustering implementations
- Support and configure security settings - support users as well as maintain security standards
- ETL tool development experience (SSIS - SQL Server Integration Services)
- Experience with installing, configuring and supporting SSRS and Analysis Services
- Multi-Dimensional and Tabular Model development including knowledge of MDX and DAX
- Experience working with MS Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse environments
- Knowledge of Microsoft Reporting Tools (PowerPivot, PowerView, SQL Server Reporting Services, Performance Point)
- Experience with the SharePoint environment in a support and maintenance capacity, Integration between SQL Server/SharePoint/MS Office
- Exposure managing Microsoft Analytics Platform System (Parallel Data Warehouse) including APS DW Loader
- Extensive experience with upgrading from MS 2008 to 2012-16
- Complete understanding of DR technologies utilizing log shipping and Availability Groups and can demonstrate/ensure that log shipping and AG are in sync.
- Extensive experience with MS SQL Server hotfixes and service packs and have a very good understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and BI licensing
- SQL Server administration activities - database health check, DMV queries, index optimization, performance tuning, query optimization, maintenance plans, link servers, etc. A thorough understanding of DMV views and how to utilize them to improve performance and monitoring.
- Extensive understanding of Microsoft backup methodologies, their implementation via GUI as well as scripts. Experience with setup and scheduling of backups, creating and scheduling jobs, alerts and operators using SQL Server Agent as well as successful database restores
- SQL Server 2008-2016 performance tuning - experience with analyzing query plans, tuning stored procedures, troubleshooting deadlocks, blocks and long running queries, isolating and resolving I/O bottlenecks and CPU bottlenecks
- MS SQL Server Certification
- Experience in storage solutions - preferably NetApp
- Experience in Backup / Recovery solutions - preferably CommVault
- Security clearance eligibility
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top