Sr. Solaris System Administrator
Provide Operations and Maintenance of Solaris servers for HR systems. This includes user account management, data/file system backups/restoration, server patching, server including OS troubleshooting, server upgrades, performance management and hardware monitoring. Be able to replace hardware parts. Be on call.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Hold's a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or IT or equivalent experience or certifications.
Demonstrated current work experience with the latest Solaris-UNIX OS. Demonstrated system administration support experience to include: implementation of UNIX baseline changes and patches, and respond to change requests and discrepancy reports.
Experience in the following:
- technical evaluations, analysis and trouble shooting of UNIX servers.
- building and patching Solaris-UNIX servers by providing technical configuration, setup, installation services, recycling servers, test plans, back-out plans, security hardening and physical support/builds.
- managing, maintaining and completing user access and service requests
- installing, configuring, patching and troubleshooting Apache/Tomcat webservers - WebSphere expertise is a plus.
- providing explanations of complex technical procedures and process clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audience.
- multiple technologies, or the ability to gain, such as database appliances, storage technologies, hardware support, including knowledge of additional operating systems-like LINUX and/or scripting language.
Preferred Skills and Education
Demonstrated current work experience with the latest Windows operating system (OS) and LINUX OS.
Have the ability to work and communicate, including active listening, within a team environment.
Have current certifications in the latest UNIX, LINUX, Windows or related technologies.
Have a strong management (i.e. prioritize, organize and accomplish work) and problem solving (ie. analyzing information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems) skills.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top