Sr. Software Engineer - Web Client Developer
GXP is looking for a senior level software engineer. The engineer will work as part of the engineering team to design, code, and test new software for fast-paced geospatial development projects. This engineer will work within a server-client architecture environment primarily on the web user interface portion of the tasks. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with five years of actual work experience.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, design, and UX awareness.
- Ability to work well in a very dynamic, fast moving environment with high expectations.
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Candidates selected for some positions will be subjected to a government security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Preferred Skills and Education – Experience with front-end frameworks and technologies, such as React, AngularJS, WebGL, and CesiumJS.
- Experience with client-side performance and optimization.
- Experience with server-side technologies, including NodeJS.
- Experience developing in an object oriented language, such as Java.
- Experience developing REST based interfaces.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with relational and NoSQL databases, such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Familiarity with build and project management tools, such as Maven and Ant.
- Experience with Git.
- Familiarity with testing, including unit, integration, and end-to-end testing.
- Familiarity with OGC standards, such as WMS, WMTS, and WFS.
- Strong foundation of software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top