Sr Software Engineer
Systems Engineer analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities. SE provides identification/fixing for the problems within existing systems design/implementation of new systems, enhances the existing systems and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems. Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and engineering team and COTS products. Must possess experience of system engineering in one or more areas including the Operating Systems, Active Directory structure, Group Policy, Physical and Virtual Windows and LINUX Servers, SAN and F5 Load Balancers. He performs ongoing administration, monitoring, technical support for the infrastructure, and updates the Task Managers ™ with a problem resolution status. He may lead the virtualization team supporting customer’s ongoing project to virtualize all physical systems in the production environment.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- 7+ Years of Systems Engineering, planning, implementing, monitoring and administering Windows, LINUX and Unix Servers
- 4+ Years of supporting IT Security; Servers scanning, McAfee, Symantec, MS AD, DNS and SSO to servers.
- 4+Years of supporting IT Infrastructures including Dell Servers, SAN and F5 Load Balancers
- 4+ Years of utilizing ticketing systems Remedy and JIRA
- 4+ Years of designing, planning and implementing virtual data store clustering
- 3+ Years of VMware ESX 5/6 virtualization engineering
- Experience in AGILE sprint and work planning process for IT Security and IT Infrastructure tasks
- Experience in OS hardening and patching of Linux, Windows servers in accordance with DHS and federal government directives
- Experience in MS Active Directory and Group Policy engineering and administration (UNIX attributes, scripting, Enterprise Admin tasks) including AD structure upgrades.
- Experience in supporting sing sign on preferably IBM WAS and SharePoint services
- Microsoft Windows Server/Client OS
- Active Directory, PowerShell, WSUS
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6/7, RHEL Satellite
- VMware ESXi 5.0/5.5/6.0
- McAfee, Norton, Symantec Ghost, Mobile Armor, PointSec, ActivClient
- SCCM, Remedy, JIRA, SharePoint
- RDP/Citrix, Dameware, LANdesk
- Recent MS and Red Hat Systems Administrator
- VMware Certification
- Security+ (CompTIA)
Preferred Skills and Education MS or Amazon Cloud Technology Experience About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top