Sr. Security Specialist
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Provides support in the varying functional areas of security administration and performs a variety of general administrative support to relieve managers or staff of administrative details. Job will be located in Rockville and also Washington D.C.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines and executes the proper actions on incoming and outgoing classified documents including classification/declassification, downgrading, safeguarding, access, disposition, reproduction, accountability, dissemination and destruction
- Labels and stores all classified data according to the NISPOM, DOD directives, DSS requirements, and BAE security manual.
- Processes employees for security clearances. Prepares security forms for terminating employees.
- Handles all procedures and policies regarding visitor control for BAE employees. Approves and forwards outgoing visit request authorizations and processes incoming visit requests.
- Familiar with DD 254 and completion of DD254’s
- Briefs new hire on security policies and procedures.
- Processes badge requests for new hires, GOV Officials, and Subcontractors.
- Trains employees on an annual basis for proper security postures and local threats.
- Briefs employees on FOCI and other SSA requirements per BAE Systems, Inc.
- Incorporates OPSEC into daily working activities to keep employees aware of their surroundings to include protecting proprietary information and electronic databases.
- Creates site specific security policies and procedures and coordinates with security manager on audits and inspections to make sure BAE is compliant.
- Required to know and use JPAS, SIMS, and EQIP.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive background in Security. Excellent communication skills.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required:
Active TS clearance
Experience using: JPAS, SIMS, and EQIP Preferred Skills and Education Preferred:
Experience in SIMS
Bachelor’s degree About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top