Sr Quality Assurance Engineer (2nd Shift)
PLEASE NOTE: This position supports on 2nd Shift, 2:30pm-11:00pm, Monday-Friday. Thank you!
Position provides regional Supplier Quality engineering support to the Line of Business (LOB) Quality Departments and suppliers of direct materials and services. Provides support to LOB’s procurement activities regarding supplier surveillance and nonconformance investigations for designated region.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- -Leads efforts required to prepare potential regional suppliers for eventual qualification as approved suppliers to LOB’s supplier requirements.
- -Coordinates evaluation audits at supplier facilities covering the designated regional area.
- -Directs activities for prevention of nonconformance by developing a supplier action plan through which positive determination of causes, corrective actions, and follow-up activities are identified.
- -Resolves issues with problem materials from regional suppliers, by working through purchasing and the supplier/vendor.
- -Administers non-conforming material disposition in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Reviews PO/Drawing/Program requirements and ensures proper flow down of requirements to the supply base.
- -Assists supplier as required in preparation of and subsequently approves supplier related inspection/test documentation for compliance to contract and purchase orders.
- -Assists regional supplier in development of acceptable quality assurance systems, processes, and procedures to facilitate continuous improvement of supplier performance and achievement of LOB approval status.
- -Consults and/or acts as liaison with LOB’s Quality and/or Purchasing departments and provides the support required to successfully evaluate and bring closure to any supplier quality issues, whether in-house or at the regional supplier facilities.
- -Communicates with key organizations such as materials, engineering, administrative, manufacturing, or quality personnel and customer personnel as required.
- -Serve as a LOB Internal Quality Auditor as required.
- -Performs miscellaneous other projects as requested by the LOB Quality Leader.
- -Effectively and efficiently utilize that part of the LOB’s Strategic Architecture for which responsibility lie (e.g.: TQM, LOB Operating System, and Core Values).
- -Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
- -Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- -Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline (Quality, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering) and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience. Manufacturing / Production floor experience. Required Skills and Education
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- -Direct knowledge of TQM, SPC, ISO 9000 and state-of-the-art analytical quality assurance methodologies.
- -Ability to interpret, to LOB and/or customer satisfaction, all applicable drawings and specifications.
- -Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- -Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- -Good planning, time management and organization skills.
- -Sound interpersonal skills used when interfacing, coordinating, and negotiating with Company personnel, customers, and suppliers.
- -Ability to use computers to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
- -Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- -Ability to develop/demonstrate research and presentation skills.
- -Ability to develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with internal and external customers.
Preferred Skills and Education
- -Certain positions may require a specific degree and/or concentration or have a preference for an advanced degree in a related area. Prefer experience with relevant applications in a defense environment.
- -Certain positions may require specialized technical knowledge. Licenses/Certifications: Certified Quality Auditor and/or Quality Engineer certification preferred. Certain positions may require the ability to obtain appropriate Security Clearance. About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top