Sr Project Manager
BAE Systems is seeking an experienced IT Project Manager to support the AF Strategic Program Information Services team. The selected applicant will join the IS team as we seek to deliver world-class capabilities for our client and their associated contractors, which will help drive productivity and innovation. This team supports system design and development, commercial tool integration, and application maintenance. This position will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Define, plan, budget, request resources, oversee and document all aspects of assigned projects.
- Work with internal and external organizations to support various customer user level requirements, including resolving elevated end user support requests, and researching and deploying advanced technologies
- Business process analysis and system requirements development
- Function as a matrix manager of assigned resources to complete the project in scope, on time, and within budget
- Monitors project status, including risk management, and communicates this information with all stakeholders, including upper management
- Ensures training and system documentation for users is completed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Education Requirement:
- High School with at least 14 years of experience
- Bachelors with at least 8 years of experience
- Masters with at least 6 years of experience
Successful applicant will be able to work independently and supervise others, demonstrate strong initiative, an ability to organize projects, and demonstrates the following:
- Leadership skills
- Motivation, conflict management, decision making, time management, handling a budget
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external vendors, various levels of management, and internal clients with assorted levels of computer experience.
- Committed to results and success in accomplishing goals.
- A fast learner with a demonstrated ability to quickly learn technology and understand unique system requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail
- Prior experience with IT project management and forecasting resource requirements
- Familiarity with documenting system functionality, source control systems and configuration management practices
- Clearance eligible
Preferred Skills and Education – PMP Certification
- Experience with JIRA, SharePoint, MS Office including Project, and similar technologies
- Prior experience training, coaching, and mentoring
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top