Sr. Product Engineer
- Austin, TX
BAE Systems is experiencing continued growth in our Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) factory and we are seeking experienced, highly motivated Product Engineers to join our team. The candidate would support local factory build and test of various circuit card assemblies from start to finish.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys working in a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges working with leading edge technology intended to protect our warfighter, then we are interested in hearing from you!
The candidate must demonstrate strong technical aptitude, communication skills, leadership skills, and be able to work cross-functionally within the operations organization and with other discipline/functions. The candidate must be able to lead small to mid-sized multidisciplinary hardware engineering teams through one or more phases of the hardware product lifecycle, including proposals, design, development, integration, test, transition to production and/or sustainment.
This position may include the following activities:
• Regularly monitor yield, defects, and cost trends and drive improvement actions related to the data.
• Regularly present yield, defect, and cost data to program teams and management.
• Support the troubleshooting and debug of complex circuit card assemblies, working directly with hardware and program engineering personnel as required.
• Create rework instructions for non-conforming material.
• Interface with Engineering, Quality and other supporting functions to drive defect resolution to root cause.
• Generate and implement continuous improvements in product design, test design, and assembly methodologies to reduce cost, increase yield, and improve throughput.
• Feedback lessons learned to the design teams for continuous improvement.
• Generate and review the technical content of test procedures, drawings, engineering specifications, reports, engineering change orders, and other documentation.
• Interface with governmental customers, auditors, and suppliers as required.
• Provide training and support to manufacturing personnel.
• Support relocation of processes and equipment between manufacturing sites and lead transition to production.
• Support Root Cause and Corrective Action activities.
• Work with the Quality function to support and perform First Article Inspections.
• Identify and implement engineering change orders on products as required.
Required Skills and Education
• Bachelors degree in electrical engineering or mechanical engineering.
• Eligible for DOD Security Clearance.
• At least 4 years experience working in a circuit card manufacturing environment.
• Experience troubleshooting / debugging circuit card assembly defects.
• Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to effectively work in a team environment.
• Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
• Ability to lead others to closure.
• Experience presenting technical information to program teams and/or customers
• Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Education
• 6+ years experience working in a circuit card manufacturing environment in a transition to production and/or sustainment role.
• Experience with high-speed digital, processor, and analog designs.
• Completed Green belt six sigma training.
• Proven track record of solving complicated production issues and/or yield improvements.
• Root Cause Corrective Action problem solving experience and training.
• IPC-A-610 certification
• J-STD-001 certification
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top