SR Product Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for a Product Engineering candidate to support manufacturing and testing in its Austin facility.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical degree and 5+ year(s) related experience
This position will include the following activities:
1. Support manufacturing while troubleshooting electrical modules and their subcomponents.
2. Direct, conduct or support system and sub-system testing to validate compliance to system requirements.
3. Interface with Engineering and other supporting functions to drive defect resolution to root cause.
4. Support manufacturing and test equipment maintenance.
5. Generate and implement continuous improvements in build and test processes to reduce cost, increase throughput and ensure Producibility of designs
6. Generate and review the technical content of test procedures, drawings, engineering specifications, reports, Engineering Change Orders, and other documentation associated with the design.
7. Interface with governmental customers, auditors and vendors as required
8. Provide training / support to manufacturing personnel.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical degree and 5+ years related experience
- Strong familiarity with the test, measurement and manufacturing techniques
-The candidate must have strong hands-on skills and have the ability and desire to work in a manufacturing environment
- The candidate should have demonstrably strong problem analysis and solving skills
-Ability to driving Non-Conformance and other product related failure activities to route cause/corrective action
- Must be highly motivated and have experience in leadership and team building skills, along with strong oral and written communications skills
-Work with the program team to derive manufacturing processes, test points, allocation, and product build workflow
- Experience in electronics manufacturing including compliance to AS9100 and IPC-610/620 requirements.
Preferred Skills and Education
P referr ed skills:
- Basic Lean/Flow knowledge; Six-Sigma Certified with heavy emphasis on data driven problem solving.
-Understand design margins and predict factory yields.
- Provide a "Left Shift" mentality to engage Design for Manufacturing and Maintainability (DFM2) and Design for Test (DFT)
-Provide technical support to Engineering by influencing the design approach, schedule, budget, trade studies and analysis
- Experience in high volume manufacturing
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top