Sr. Principal Test Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for a Senior Principal Test Engineer to be a Project Lead on the Operations team supporting Automatic Test Station development in the Microwave factories. The individual will provide ownership for all aspects of test equipment along with recurring support. The individual will provide technical direction and leadership to a cross functional engineering and operations team. Tasks require the ability to lead the team in the development, integration and validation of automatic test stations. Ability to isolate and resolve test related problems in both hardware and software.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
The tasks include the ability to develop test stand validation plans to establish test measurement accuracy, characterize the performance of the unit under test, conduct data analysis and generate test procedures / documents.
The individual will work in a production environment supporting factories producing microwave modules.
Additional responsibilities include working with design teams to deliver test solutions that meet factory requirements and ensure quality, delivery, and cost commitments are being met. Delivered test solutions must be supportable and maintainable by factory technical personnel.
Successful performance will require driving manufacturing test improvements, production problem resolutions and integrating solutions into a lean manufacturing environment.
The individual must be able to provide direction to engineering, engineering assistants, software developers, and technicians.
Preferred Skills and Education
• Familiar with circuit theory
• Software competencies in NI-TestStand or NI-LabWindows.
• Capable of conforming to a structured problem solving approach with the ability to participate in design reviews within a multidiscipline team.
• Demonstrated time management, task tracking, organizational skills, and ability to read, understand, and follow requirements.
• Experience in developing or maintaining test software and equipment.
• Familiar with the control of hardware through software interfaces (automated test sequence)
• Familiarity with RF and digital instrumentations (i.e. network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and signal sources)
• Test fixture design competencies
• Advanced computer skills including MS-Office applications
• Familiarity with functional test procedure development and maintenance
• Experience in conducting design of experiments
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top