Sr Principal Software Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for a Senior Principal Software Engineer to architect, lead and manage the development of cutting-edge technology and future military systems by turning complex, real-time software solutions into prototype and demonstration products and using software best practices, tools and techniques to protect those who protect us.
Work in one of the fastest-growing technology hubs in the world, deep in the heart of Texas, where you’ll participate in the complete software development lifecycle, including creating and implementing architectural models from early product concept through detailed design, integration, test and sustainment.
Develop electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) vision systems, threat management solutions and mission and protection systems using development environments for embedded real-time software, FPGAs/ASICs, mobile devices, high performance computing, test equipment and rapid prototyping.
Use strong and effective interpersonal skills to develop new customer relationships, work closely with distributed teams and achieve exceptional performance on the most challenging programs. Focus your well-seasoned experience as a team leader and technical professional to grow the Austin Business Center and the businesses it supports.
Travel up to 10% of the time to support new business pursuits, critical program activities and networking events.
Local candidates preferred. No relocation available. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math from an accredited university with a minimum of:
- 12+ Years with BS
- 10+ Years with MS
- 8+ Years with PhD
- Near expert software development skills and project lead experience with mastery of multiple programming languages and environments
- 8+ years of Object-Oriented language experience (C++, C#, Java, Python, Ada)
- 4+ years of Real-Time Operating System (RTOS), embedded software development experience with VxWorks, INTEGRITY, Micrium µC/OS-II/III or similar
- Effective and comfortable developing independently in Windows and Linux environments with software configuration management tools (Git, SVN, Perforce)
- Dynamic, self-motivated individual with strong problem-solving, leadership and mentoring abilities
- Substantial and demonstrable experience with multiple bus communication technologies and interfaces including: GigE Vision, MIL-STD-1553, serial communications (RS-232, RS-422, RS-485), RS-170, Fibre Channel and Ethernet sockets
- Experience performing driver-level development or Board-Support Package (BSP) integration
- Multi-core / multi-processor software development experience
- Loyal and effective brand marketer and proposal developer with a proven track record of completing projects and meeting commitments
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- US Citizenship is required
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred:
- GPGPU programming (CUDA/OpenCL) or OpenCV (Computer Vision)
- FPGA/VHDL development
- Test-Driven Development (TDD), multi-tier application development and/or cloud computing application architecting or development
- Complex algorithm development with Anaconda (SciPy) or MATLAB About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top