Sr. Principal Reliability/Maintainability/Safety Engineer
Performs as a Reliability, Maintainability & Safety Engineer.
1. Performs professional technical analysis requiring the full use and wide application of Engineering principles, theories, concepts and precedents in one or more of the Reliability, Maintainability, and Safety (RMS) disciplines, plus a working knowledge of other related disciplines such as Logistics and Testability. Conducts research to devise new techniques and approaches and provides solutions to a wide range of technical problems and proposals.
Makes independent technical decisions.
2. Coordinates and directs the work efforts of lower level engineers and support personnel, if assigned. Responsible for tracking labor and/or material expenditures for use in program control.
3. Provides reliability growth planning guidance to programs as required during life cycle phases. Plans and directs test activities; oversees trend analysis and problem identification, and Root Cause analysis. Prepares/reviews failure reports for publication. Ensures that test failure/defect information, as required, is captured with company standard tools and processes for failure data management & reporting. Responsible for "lessons learned" abstraction and capture.
4. Prepares proposals in accordance with company practices, using Functional Bid Metrics or other approved data sources, including time phased resources, and capture of Risks and Opportunities for management and/or mitigation. Works with Systems Engineering to ensure full comprehension and inclusion of RMS requirements contributing to higher level performance measures.
5. Provides RMS technical leadership with assigned business area(s).
6. Develops and conducts technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design of experiments (DOE) constructs. Recommends design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability. Completes risk analysis studies of new design and processes. Compiles and analyzes performance reports and process control statistics, investigates and analyzes relevant variables potentially affecting product and processes. Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures impacting product throughput, safety and reliability issues.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
8+ years of experience within the Reliability/Maintainability & System Safety Engineering disciplines.
BS Degree in Engineering or Scientific Field
US Citizenship required
Preferred Skills and Education
Master's Degree or higher in Engineering or Scientific Field preferred
Electronics Warfare Systems background preferred, but not required.
Reliability/Maintainability/System Safety Analysis and Reliability Growth software tools experience/awareness using Windchill Quality Solutions (RELEX) and ReliaSoft preferred.
Integrated Logistics analysis, techniques and software tools experience preferred.
Proven Failure Reporting, Analysis & Corrective Action System (FRACAS) experience desired.
Proven Reliability Modeling and Failure Modes, Effects & Criticality Analysis (FMECA) experience desired..
Familiarity with the business standard Reliability Growth planning and tracking tools
Familiarity with Design For Reliability concepts and techniques a plus.
Familiarity with Reliability Maturation Test (RMT) experience a plus.
Familiarity with supporting Reliability and Maintainability testing activities to include maintainability demonstrations, Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), Accelerated Life/Stress Test, Reliability Growth Testing (RGT), and Environmental Stress Screening (ESS)
Familiar with System Safety analysis tools, techniques and Fault Tree Analysis.
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills and leadership experience preferred with proven demonstrated track record.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top