Sr. Principal Manufacturing Engineer
- Bedford, MA
The Lexington Business Center Operations team is seeking a senior level engineer to support and lead process and test excellence in Microelectronics Manufacturing. This position will require advanced knowledge and practical experience with the following process equipment and/or techniques consistent with IR Device Packaging methods and technologies.
An intimate knowledge and hands-on experience with the following factory equipment is required:
Auto Wire Bonding, Manual Wire Bonding, Wafer Handling, Testing and Sectioning, MRSI Pick and Place, Epoxy Application Techniques, Vacuum Reflow Soldering, Welding Techniques, Vacuum Leak Detection, IR Device Vacuum Sealing and Processing.
Additionally, demonstrated experience and knowledge of IR Device Test functions and methods is required. The ability to analyze and review device test data including video evaluations is required.
The successful candidate will possess knowledge and hands-on experience in a semi-conductor packaging environment. The ability to analyze data and determine root cause of process / product failures is required.
Training and or experience in Six Sigma, PFMEA and other analytical techniques Continuous Improvement techniques is required. Experience with business systems such as ORACLE, Tip-QA and Paperless tools is beneficial to the position.
The ability to design process fixtures, recommend alternate process materials and create and maintain process documentation is required.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Skills and Education
- The successful candidate must possess a working knowledge and understanding of semi-conductor processing and test equipment such as; wire bonders, pick and place, solder reflow, vacuum processing, welding and semi-conductor wafer processing / handling.
- Practical experience and capabilities with Root Cause Analysis techniques, LEAN Six Sigma and PFMEA is required. Experience with IR Device Test equipment and data analysis is required.
- A BS in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering and 10 years experience in the semi-conductor technologies are required
- Skills in Vacuum Technology are desired as well as hands-on exposure to wafer fabrication techniques and methods.
- Experience and knowledge of production test techniques and methods is beneficial.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top