Sr. Principal Image Scientist II
Imaging Scientist responsible for advanced algorithm design, analysis and implementation. The successful candidate will be working with other experienced designers to develop algorithmic solutions, novel image processing pipelines, work with innovative advanced image sensors, and perform design reviews.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Minimum of either a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 12 years' experience, or a Master's degree and 10 years' experience, or a Ph.D. and 7 years' experience.
- Minimum 7 years experience with classic CMOS Image Sensors and typical Image Signal Processing pipelines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative architecture and algorithm designs.
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative and collegial manner as well as a self-driven, self-motivated individual contributor depending on the task at hand.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated software skills in common languages such as c, python, and MatLab.
- Possible travel to customer sites.
- Demonstrated algorithm design and implementation of several modules in an Image Signal Processor system.
- Familiar with various tone-mapping, demosaicking, de-noising, and HDR algorithms.
- Cuda coding experience and ability.
- Solid grasp of Digital Signal Processing.
- Deep understanding of the Human Visual System and color science.
- Past work with common image metrics such as MTF, CTE, SNR, etc.
- Experience in conducting competitive analyses and Image Quality evaluations.
- Understanding of the various noise sources in a typical image sensor.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top