Sr. Principal Image Scientist II
- San Jose, CA
In this role you will become an expert in optimizing the images from our latest sensors in order to highlight their capabilities. This involves not only understanding our sensors and image processing but our customers' applications and key performance measures. Your work will support our sales and marketing teams to demonstrate our capabilities and explain technical subtleties of our sensors. Your feedback to marketing and engineering will help us define our future sensors to better address new customer needs and requirements.
Develop image processing algorithms to demonstrate our superior imaging sensor capabilities.
Work with customers to understand their issues and facilitate their product development.
Perform design reviews and provide suggestions to the sensor designers.
Use customers' feedback to improve both our support and future products.
About BAE Systems Imaging Solutions
The Imaging Solutions organization of BAE Systems has a strong history of driving innovation in imaging. Innovation ranges from the first commercial CCD imager in 1970 to applications including the Hubble Telescope, cinematic cameras and state of the art scientific imaging.
As a small organization within a large corporation we enjoy the diversity and comradery of a start up with the stability of a large company. Imaging Solutions offers numerous benefits including a 9/80 compressed workweek (every other Friday off!) and matching 401K.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident status..
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Minimum of either a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 10 years' experience, or a Master's degree and 8 years' experience, or a Ph.D. and 5 years' experience.
- Minimum 7 years experience with classic CMOS Image Sensors and typical Image Signal Processing pipelines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative architecture and algorithm designs.
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative and collegial manner as well as a self-driven, self-motivated individual contributor depending on the task at hand.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated software skills in common languages such as Python, C and MatLab.
- Possible travel to customer sites.
- Demonstrated algorithm design and implementation of several modules in an Image Signal Processor system
- Familiar with various tone-mapping, demosaicking, de-noising, and HDR algorithms
- Solid grasp of Digital Signal Processing
- Deep understanding of the Human Visual System and color science
- Past work with common image metrics such as MTF, CTE, SNR, etc
- Experience in conducting competitive analyses and Image Quality evaluations
- Understanding of the various noise sources in a typical image sensor
- Cuda and/or FPGA coding experience and ability is a plus
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top