Sr. Principal Hardware Lead
Do you want to lead a team creating cutting edge, disruptive technologies that enable our military systems to protect our warfighters on land, at sea, and in the air? Our mission at BAE Systems is to "protect those who protect us." Are you a leader willing to take on that challenge?
The BAE Systems Electronic Combat Solutions Hardware Engineering organization is seeking a proven senior level technical leader with Electrical Engineering and Firmware experience to manage and lead the development of our next generation of Electronic Systems. This is state-of-the-art work surrounded by talented and dedicated professionals that embrace the challenge.
We innovate. We deliver. Our teams make new capabilities real. We give our military and commercial customers the decisive "edge" with a full range of products, including advanced electronics, security, and information technology solutions. Our products encompass a wide range of technologies including complex digital electronics, RF and analog circuits, mechanical chassis and packaging, and FPGA/firmware development.
Strong technical leaders with passion, integrity, and ability to solve complex problems are needed. This leadership role gives you the ownership of engineering technical, cost, schedule, and execution. This is your opportunity to lead, to shape, and to provide your enthusiasm and expertise to a large multi-disciplined team focused on delivering best-in-class capabilities and performance.
You will be working collaboratively with Project Technical Leads, Hardware Leads, and Program Management to ensure overall program success. In this important leadership role you will effectively communicate program status to internal customers, senior leadership, and the external customer. Is this the challenge and opportunity for you?
We hope you are that leader.
BAE Systems offers competitive pay, benefits, and important work-life balance initiatives including every other Friday Off, Flextime, and Telecommuting. BAE also believes in a culture of recognition for the extraordinary contributions of our skilled employees.
Your Responsibilities include:
• Technically leading multi-discipline, state-of-the- art hardware development efforts on large scale programs with 30+ Electrical Engineers, Firmware Engineers, PC Design, and other support staff
• Employing your expertise, decision skills, and independent judgment in technical areas
• Leading critical in-house and Customer design review activities for program success
• Communicating essential information and coordinating with other engineering disciplines, Program Management, and Functional Management
• Monitoring program schedules, earned value criteria, and productivity metrics for efficient performance
• Ensuring the established Hardware Development Process is implemented successfully
• Working with Project Technical and Hardware Leads to determine program staffing needs and "right person/right job"
• Providing inputs on personnel performance
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
Candidates must have a BSEE or BSME with at least 15 years of experience.
Experience with technically leading multi-disciplined engineering teams through all phases of the hardware product lifecycle is important. Specific skills include:
- Eligible for DOD Security Clearance
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability
- Ability to lead others to closure
- Experience presenting technical information to program teams and/or peers
- Strong technical design experience in an Electrical and Firmware realm
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top