Sr Principal Engineer
BAE Systems is looking to fill a Engineer Sr. Principal position to support the readiness and sustainment of the Minute Man III (MMIII) Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Propulsion. We support our customer, the ICBM Systems Directorate (ICBMSD), to ensure a safe, secure and reliable MMIII weapon system as required by the war fighter (Air Force Global Strike Command) through at least 2030 via Sustaining Engineering.
The candidate selected for this Engineer Sr. Principal position will be able to:
- Work with a multi-discipline engineering team to perform systems engineering
- Supervise other engineers and peer review their work
- Prepare and peer review engineering documents such as engineering drawings, technical memos, white papers, specifications, business case analyses, root cause analyses, Technical Order (TO) procedures, Engineering Technical Assistance Requests (ETARs)
- Manage work to meet program schedules
- Perform mechanical engineering analyses for weapon system replacements and upgrade systems
- Be familiar with Hardness Critical Items and Nuclear Hardness requirements
- Conduct inspections of proposed replacement sub-systems and components. Make recommendations concerning any needed modifications
- Identify alternates to current sub-system components and hardware and identify potential impacts to the system if incorporated
- Be familiar with and comply with ICBM Operational Instructions (OIs) and Handbooks
- Possess familiarly with systems engineering principles, physical design, engineering test, identifying failure root cause(s) and associated failure mode(s), integration and support of product qualification
- Apply principles of mechanics of materials, heat transfer, thermodynamics, dynamics, materials selection, machine design, fluid mechanics, mechanical vibration, and statistics
- Have a strong background in organizing and handling large amounts of data
Lead Integrated Product Teams (IPT) of engineers, logisticians, technical content managers, and program managers. Effectively communicate with the team and each team member.
- Possess solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Consider the war fighter and safety in all aspects of work and engineering efforts.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Engineering degree from an ABET accredited program
- 8+ Years experience with BS
- 5+ Years experience with MS
- 4+ Years experience with PhD
- Be able to prepare and peer review technical documents such as engineering drawings, technical memos, white papers, Technical Order (TO) procedures, Engineering Technical Assistance Requests (ETARs).
Be able to perform and review engineering analyses such as stress, deformation, finite element, thermal, fluid, GD&T, and root cause.
- Manage work to meet program schedules.
- Identifying alternate sub-system components for Nuclear Hardness Critical Items (HCI).
- Identifying alternates to current sub-system components/hardware and identifying potential impacts to the system if incorporated.
- Writing and peer reviewing specifications and business case analyses
- ICBM Operational Instructions (OIs) and Handbooks
- Systems engineering principles, physical design, engineering test, integration and support of product qualification
- Organizing and handling large amounts of data
- Working with Integrated Product Teams (IPT) of engineers, logisticians, technical content managers, and program managers
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top