Sr Principal Engineer: CNC Applications
The BAE Systems site in York, Pennsylvania supporting Combat Vehicles is seeking a Sr Principal Engineer: CNC Applications. In this role, the CNC Applications Engineer will lead the progression of BAE Systems' vehicle-structure machining capabilities. The Engineer will be responsible for assessing capability and capacity against current and future needs and implementing changes accordingly.
- Collaborates with Operations, Maintenance and Machine OEMs to provide in-depth technical support for the heavy machining centers;
- Develops efficiencies within the machining processes to include maintenance of the machines and process development;
- Monitors and communicates technical trends to the internal customer;
- Ensures concepts, development and machining processes support customer requirements and standards;
- Supports the design and evaluation of machine-related tooling and fixturing;
- Leads capital acquisition projects that support the advancement of machining capability and capacity;
- Creates and provides training to CNC Programmers and Machine Operators.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Extensive knowledge of 5-axis CNC part programming in Siemens NX CAM software;
- Applications and operation/user knowledge of CNC equipment;
- Ability to communicate with suppliers and customers, internal and external;
- Professional leadership in field of CNC application expertise;
- Ability to train CNC programmers and operators on machining technology;
- Extensive knowledge in cutting tool design, selection, application;
- Experience in Siemens 840D control is preferred;
- Ability to support travel of ~10% to supplier and customer locations.
- Experience with tooling selection for various processes and an understanding of large part fixturing concepts highly beneficial;
- Experience with equipment manufacturers such as FIVES, G&L, and/or Ingersoll preferred;
- OEM/Software/Programming certifications a plus!
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top