Sr Principal Electrical Engineer - Integration and Test
BAE Systems' Advanced Microwave Products (AMP) Center is looking for a Senior Principal Integration and Test Engineer to join our fast-paced team. The BAE Systems AMP Center teams develop next generation technology to be inserted into industry-leading products delivered in volume.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
The Senior Principal Integration and Test Engineer will work in conjunction with peers and the Test Manager to understand the non-recurring engineering requirements for new programs as well as production needs for ongoing programs. This individual will also be expected to perform assigned testing tasks for the program involving on-wafer testing of complex die. Responsibilities include: understanding throughput, capacity and yield; contribution to capital and resource planning per work forecasts, development of test plans, test procedures, and test cases, execution of all tests, and reporting of all test results for all required test activities. Additional tasks may include support to site operations as required throughout the life of the program.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- AS9100 Experience
- Experience with lean manufacturing principles and methodologies such as Six Sigma
- Abilities and experience in formal on-wafer testing of DOD-related processes and procedures as well as relevant DoD Requirements, directive and policies.
- System integration and test on a test platform that used Microwave and Millimeterwave test equipment with a software platform using Visual Studio.NET.
- Test automation experience or sufficient higher level object oriented programming skills.
- RF Test automation experience with a preference for experience with on-wafer measurements.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work with various levels of management and customers, to include HW Engineers.
- Self-starter, able to not only perform assigned tasks, but assist when issues come up with the on-wafer testing process.
- Strong work ethics with the ability to take the initiative and to produce results in a complex, dynamic workplace on time and within management's vision.
- Prefer individual with leadership skills who has experience working in an IPT structure and distributed environment.
- Effectively communicates across all lines of the organization internally while building strong, external team working relationships with the customer test community across multiple sites.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top