Sr. Oracle Database Engineer
Are you looking for your next exciting position! Are you an innovator?
BAE Systems create science, technology and engineering breakthroughs to solve some of our customers' toughest challenges. We are seeking to hire a self-motivated Oracle Database Administrator who will perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex database management systems workstations and servers on multiple operating systems. Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases. Coordinates, directs and performs complex database software installations and upgrades to operating systems and related database software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Continually monitors and tunes multiple database systems and databases to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures database data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate solutions of varying complexities.
Job Duties include:
- Designing and implementing databases which provide:
- Responsible for the cloud strategy and implementation regarding application databases
Potential work locations across the Washington, DC metro area to include:
- Washington, DC
- Chantilly, VA
- Crystal City, VA
- Vienna, VA
- Linthicum MD
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 10 years of experience with programming and database scripting
- 5 years of experience engineering Oracle solutions with RAC configurations
- 3 years of experience with Oracle DataGuard in a production environment
- 2 years of experience with Oracle security solutions to include encryption and key management
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other related analytical, scientific, or technical discipline.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work well on teams.
- Willingness to be flexible working on short and long term tasks including rotating through DevOps programming automated testing.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top