Sr. Network Engineer
- Washington, DC
BAE Systems is seeking a Principal Network Engineer to become part of a growing Government Program Office team in support of the Air Force Research Laboratory's (AFRL) Information Directorate in Rome, NY. AFRL is one of the nation's premier government research labs, with a mission of leading the discovery, development, and integration of affordable warfighting technologies for air, space and cyber forces. AFRL's Information Directorate focuses on solutions for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) and Cyber technologies.
Our Collaboration Gateway/Voice and Video Cross Domain Solution (CG/V2CDS) team is responsible for independent testing and successful fielding of software and systems that enable secure, bi-directional cross-domain collaboration (Chat, whiteboard, etc.) and VoIP and video call capabilities that integrate with existing commercial VoIP infrastructure. If you are energetic, forward thinking, want to make a difference in the workplace and work on exciting projects, this is the role for you.
As a Principal Network Engineer, you will be responsible for the care and maintenance of the CG/V2CDS systems at your assigned location. You will be responsible for assisting with system upgrades, troubleshooting issues, interacting with site network/Cisco/VoIP infrastructure personnel to keep the system in operational condition as well as be responsible for the Cisco VOIP, Cisco routing, and Cisco Conference Scheduling equipment. Candidate will be required to operate independently in an unsupervised, high-visibility environment. Interaction with upper-level management in the form of briefings, presentations, and recommendations will be frequent occurrences, as will collaboration with the system development staff to troubleshoot issues and address system deficiencies.
Required Skills and Education
BS EE, Computer Science or Computer Security
- Knowledge of communications technologies such as Voice over IP (VOIP), Video Teleconferencing (VTC), Cisco Unified Communication Manager (call manager), Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE), Cisco Meeting Server (CMS), Cisco
- Telepresence, Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA), and other communication technologies (e.g. Polycom) highly desirable
- Knowledge of Cross Domain Solution transfer technologies, especially Voice and Video CDS
- Good communication and customer-relations skills
- Ability to work independently/unsupervised in a high-profile, dynamic environment
- DoD 8750 Information Assurance certification - Security+
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- TS SCI Security Clearance
- Knowledge of DoD Assessment and Authorization (A&A) processes, Risk Mitigation Framework a plus
- Network+, CISSP certification
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top