Sr Network Engineer / Architect (CCNP)
Seeking an experienced and versatile Sr Network Engineer/Architect to design and implement network upgrades to meet new IT requirements, improve network performance, and incorporate emerging technologies in complex, secure U.S. Government systems. Responsibilities include assisting Government operators in system problem diagnosis, collection of problem information, network analysis, market research, and recommendation of fixes. Will configure and test new capabilities, enhance current systems, and pioneer technology for new systems. Will also participate in the daily activities of configuration, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of customer IT networks and provide quality assurance and operational reporting requirements.
This position is located on site at Fort Bragg, NC. Relocation assistance may be negotiable for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to Fayetteville, NC or surrounding areas.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Typical Education & Experience
Associate Degree in a technical discipline and a minimum of 10 years of direct experience with network design, telecommunications, virtualization, VoIP, Routing/Switching, Network Security
Required Skills and Education
- Associate Degree in a technical discipline and a minimum of 10 years of direct experience with network design, telecommunications, virtualization, VoIP, Routing/Switching, Network Security
- CCNP certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical Discipline
- Experience with military networks, and larger enterprise IP networks
- CCIE certifications (Data Center, Routing & Switching, Service Provider, Security, Wireless, or Collaboration)
- Experience with Cisco ASA Firewalls and Cisco Firepower services
- Experience with Cisco AnyConnect VPN
- Active VMWare Certified Professional - VCP6.5-DCV or VCP6-NV
- Experience with deploying virtualization technologies such as vPC , OTV, and VXLAN
- Routing and switching experience deploying the following protocols in various network architectures: MPLS, OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP
- Experience with Cisco security protocols and frameworks such as TACACS, RADIUS, and AAA
- Security + certifications or higher that are in accordance with DOD 8570 instruction
- Network + certifications or higher that are in accordance with DOD 8570 instruction
- Microsoft certification - MCSA, MCP, MCS
- Experience with leading a team of network engineers/technicians to provision network equipment in a Network Operation Center (NOC) or Data Center
- Active security clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top