Sr Manufacturing Engineer
- Huntington Station, NY
See what you are missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we are innovating for the future and you can too.
Our Operations employees turn innovative engineering designs into real solutions to meet our customers' needs. Our training and development programs provide employees with career advancement in a diverse work environment. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sounds like a team you want to be a part of? Then come build your career with us.
The selected candidate for this position will be joining the Greenlawn NY Operations team in the Technical Operations group and will provide sustaining engineering, process development and new process implementation across the manufacturing floor through hands-on problem solving, data analyses and application of engineering principles, Six Sigma and lean manufacturing principles to improve product flow and yields.
Responsibilities may include:
• Develops new processes and identifies and implements changes in product flow to support the production line through the application of lean manufacturing principles.
• Analyze defect data to identify areas to improve yield. Works with others to implement process improvements. Applies Lean Six Sigma tools to solve production problems and improve existing processes. Uses poke yoke principles to prevent production problems.
• Participates in and documents root cause corrective action (RCCA) using problem solving methodologies.
• Defines and specifies the requirement for assembly tooling, fixtures and equipment to support current manufacturing operations and recommends changes for production line improvements.
• Supports the implementation of new automation assembly equipment including programming, process qualifications/validations and supporting tooling design.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering or a related Engineering discipline.
- 4 + years of Manufacturing Engineering experience in electronics or a similar field.
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel at all levels, customers and suppliers.
- Ability to read and use technical drawings, wire lists, schematics, process sheets, and ECOs.
- Ability to understand, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems.
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills required.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
• Knowledge of J-STD-001, IPC-610, AS9145 Specifications and Standards
• Lean Six Sigma Green or Black belt.
• Experience with CAD tools such as Creo.
• Knowledge of Oracle ERP system, Solumina MES System, Power BI dashboards, TipQA Quality System.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top