Sr. Maintenance Technician
- Oxford, AL
We are seeking Sr. Maintenance Technicians with a mechanical background for our Coleman Rd Location! The Sr. Technician performs wide range of electrical and mechanical maintenance work with demonstrated proficiency (skills, techniques, knowledge).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform maintenance trades including welding, pipe fitting, and fabrication.
- Reads and understands electrical diagrams and schematics for machinery used at the division.
- Must have understanding of hydraulics, plumbing, and mechanically-operated equipment
- Must be able to pass welding certification with arc and wire welding, and show proficiency with cutting torch.
- Uses and makes repairs on all test equipment.
- Performs other plant duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of fabrication operations (milling, lathe, some welding, cutting torch, press, etc)
- Ability to perform a total range of electrical maintenance work required to install and maintain the electrical systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Requires electrical/electronic knowledge required to trouble shoot, diagnose, balance, install, repair and rework the most complex equipment acquired within a minimum of three years' experience.
- Ability to make circuit design changes on the job without assistance.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top