Sr. Java Developer
Are you ready for your next exciting position! Are you an innovator? Are looking for a career path not just your next job? Join the BAE team and start your journey.
Why BAE: Our Promise to you You'll have an extraordinary experience working at BAE Systems. Here is why.
The Organization Be a part of a company that's part of its community, driven to improve our future, protect our freedom - and what matters. The Work We offer a flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. The Opportunity From on-the-job training and leadership programs, to collaborating with leading experts and seasoned colleagues - you can feel the excellence. The People Here, we're all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. Plus, we're just nice people. The Reward You'll develop breakthrough (sometimes secretive) technology and intelligence solutions, building a clear advantage for customers. Flexibility at BAE Systems, Inc. Hear from BAE Systems employees on how they manage balance between work and life.
Job Description - Washington DC Overview
- In-code commenting
- Design, maintenance, version documentation
- API specifications
- Read-Me content
- Wiki/KB articles
Candidate will have experience with the following to support development on customer application:
- Software Architecture - Scalability, Re-usability, Best Practices, Refactoring, and Performance Optimizations
- Developing Web Services - RESTful and others
- Strong in Software Development Life Cycle: analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, & documentation
Customer Job Summary - Application Details
Candidate will perform the following duties to support the customer, end-users, and applications.
- Collaborate with server, network, security, and other infrastructure teams to support production rollout, troubleshooting, and application design activities
- Perform complex analysis, design, development, and debugging of complex multi-tiered web application
- Participate in functional requirement gathering sessions that include technical staff, business managers, and end users to help identify system requirements and capabilities needed in a large development project
- Interpret, confirm, and/or challenge system requirements to ensure technical specifications match these requirements
- Participate in code peer and documentation reviews to ensure correctness and standards are met
- Convert technical specifications into working models and redesign / refactor work ensuring compliance to pre-established system design documentation, LCMD and SCM policies
- Support system testing and integration testing activities, collaborate with software testers to ensure proper test coverage, risks are appropriately mitigated, and defects are identified and resolved.
- Utilize a variety of commercial and proprietary software tools to deliver solutions
- Analyze/understand application functionality to troubleshoot, isolate root cause, and resolve issues quickly
- Provide design recommendations, visual models, mockups, documentation, and refactor code to improve the overall system architecture and capabilities to ensure continuous improvement and system evolution
- Develop and deliver software iteratively and incrementally using agile development best practices
- Ensure that code, modules, services are built using security best practices to mitigate existing and prevent introducing new vulnerabilities
- Develop functionality to connect, read, and write data to backend Oracle databases. Optimize code.
- Design and develop compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and scripts to support development
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Extensive experience designing, debugging, coding, and maintaining highly scalable, robust solutions by implementing consistent design standards, replicable frameworks, and consensus across the team.
- Ensure components are built the same by all team members to simplify, streamline, and optimize delivery
- Extensive experience using Spring Framework (e.g. MVC, Transaction Management, DI, Rest services)
- Strong Experience using Hibernate ORM, SQL, relational database design and performance tuning
- Solid understanding of Design Patterns, Java coding best practices, and secure coding techniques.
- Ability to convert business requirements into deployable system capabilities
- Experience with unit, integration, and user acceptance testing; automated testing frameworks (JUnit, Cucumber, Selenium, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively independently, prioritize work, and contribute as a team member
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
Hibernate, Dojo, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Developer, and Spring
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top