Sr Java Developer
Seeking a highly motivated and productive software developer to support the development and maintenance of child support systems for state and tribal users. The senior Java developer will be responsible for full life cycle development of the Java applications including complex groups of back-end services and their client-end (desktop and mobile) counterparts. The candidate’s primary responsibility will be to design, develop and maintain Java applications, and to coordinate with the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Critic code of others by participating in peer reviews.
- Participate in Change Control Board meetings and works on change requests or bugs as assigned by the government project lead
- Reverse engineering of existing application, taking apart an object to see how it works in order to duplicate or enhance the object.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Thorough understanding of Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Proficient in Java and developing enterprise software using Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE).
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming system (OOPS)
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, Wildfly, and Eclipse
- Experience with template engine frameworks, such as Flex and Flash
- Familiarity with Java GUI frameworks such as Struts, Swing, SWT/Eclipse platform, etc.
- Experienced in writing clean, readable Java code
- Experience with Hibernate ORM and Relational databases such a MYSQL, POSTGRE, Oracle
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Basic understanding of the class loading mechanism in Java
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- The use of version control system such as git, subversion aimed at version control task, data integrity, rapid software development and support for distributed non-linear workflows.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience developing software in a cloud environment
- Experience in developing software for a Govt customer specifically Health and Human Services
- Agile and Waterfall development experience
- Scrum Master Experience
- Familiarity with Section 508 (29 U.S.C. 794 d) Standards
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software.
People are the greatest asset in any Company …
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top